Barmer GEK, BerlinInformationenX
This listed building was constructed in 1907 as a business and administration premises. Since 1932, it has been in the possession of the BARMER-GEK and is used as a headquarters and regional administrative centre. As part of the restructuring of Barmer GEK, the building now needs to be converted for its future requirements. In addition to the further development of the new spacial and usage concept, the task will also include the execution of necessary remedial measures, in order to bring the building up-to-date and to overcome structural shortcomings. The central point of the design is the development of a new, customer-oriented access concept and the creation of a central reception area. The ground floor is being re-structured into flexible and usable spaces for seminars, exhibitions and Barmer-GEK brand presentation, as well as an open-plan customer centre. The first floor is designed with modern conference and training rooms forming the central meeting point for the Berlin employees. On the 2nd and 3rd floors, the existing office spaces are being converted for the new organisational concept. The building’s technical installation will need to be brought into an energy and resource saving condition in order to comply with current regulations.